Hello Potterheads! So, here’s an adorable and SUPER easy Potter-craft for you: book page coasters! Here’s what you’ll need:
- copies of your favorite Harry Potter pages, on regular printer paper
- black tea
- brownie pan or glass baking dish
- Mod Podge
- sponge brush
- coasters (I found a perfect set at the Dollar Store; they don’t need to be fancy!)
- Tea-stain the page copies
- Boil water
- Brew black tea
- Place copies in baking dish or brownie pan; pour tea over the pages, making sure pages aren’t overlapping (otherwise, there will be white spots that don’t get dyed!)
- Let soak for at least half an hour
- Remove from tea; lay pages out to dry on towel/paper towel
- Cut pages/pictures/text to coaster size
- Apply thin layer of Mod Podge to coaster; smooth on first page of text or picture. Let dry.
- Continue adding layers of Mod Podge atop paper. Be generous with the layers, but do not “glob” it on all at once.
- Let dry overnight.
That’s it! They turn out so cute, and make such great gifts! Try cutting out the chapter illustrations and placing them on top of text, or mixing text in different shapes for a collage effect…have fun!